EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2021 – Onsite visits will resume on March 1, 2021, for the Hamilton County Justice Center. Visitation times are listed below. Remote visitation times will remain unchanged. We will require that all visitors create an account with Securus via their website Securustech.net or through the Securus mobile app using an Android or iOS mobile device to schedule a visit.
The Sheriff’s Office will also enforce all COVID-19 protocols. We will require that masks are used while in the facility and temperatures checked before using onsite visitation. The Sheriff’s Office has placed self-check thermometers near the visitation area for visitors to use. We also ask that individuals that are exhibiting symptoms refrain from using onsite visitation. Due to reduced occupancy requirements, the Sheriff’s Office will be reducing the number of available visitor terminals in the lobby. Visitors will be required to schedule their visits in advance using either the Securus app or Securustech.net.
With this change, we will start the normal visitation rules for the facility. These changes are:
- All onsite visits will be at no cost to the visitor. Visitors are limited to one onsite visit per week and must be prescheduled.
- Remote visits can be scheduled at the regular cost of $5.99 plus taxes & fees. Visitors are limited to 3 remote visits per day.
- All visits are limited to 20 minutes.
- All visits will be conducted via visitation terminals located in the North Lobby. There is no in person face-to-face visitation.
Securus Video ConnectSM Information: 1-877-578-3658
Calling from mobile device: 972-734-1111
Calling using landline phone/international: 1-800-844-6591
SECURUS VISITATION ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE INMATES HOUSED AT THE JUSTICE CENTER. TALBERT HOUSE DOES NOT HAVE VIDEO VISITATION AVAILABLE.
Maximum of four (4) people to visit, including children. We do not limit it to two adults and two children. Visitation can be one adult with three kids, or three adults and one kid, or any combination that equals up to four people. At least one adult must be present.
Visiting Hours & Info
- On-Site Monday-Friday from 11:00AM to 6:30PM. No On-Site visits on holidays.
- Off-Site Monday-Saturday from 9:00AM to 8:40PM and Sunday from 11:00AM to 8:40PM.
1617 Reading Road – Visits are limited to 15 minutes.
Monday 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Saturday 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Thursday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Sunday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Monday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Saturday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
2605 Woodburn Ave. (Turning Point)
Saturday-Sunday 3:30-5:30 p.m. Visits are limited to 15 minutes.
Prescription glasses, including glasses for Reading Road and Talbert House can be delivered to the Property Window in the South Building of the Justice Center Monday – Friday 8 am until 3:30 pm excluding holidays.
You must provide a valid photo id when you drop off glasses at the Property Window. The glasses will be searched.
Court clothes are accepted from 8am-10am the day before court.
If court is on Monday you would drop off the Friday before.
A valid ID is required to drop off clothes, clothes will be sniffed by drug dog.
MAIL AND MONEY ORDERS
All mail and money orders should be addressed to:
INMATE’S NAME AND ID NUMBER
Hamilton County Justice Center
900 Sycamore St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
The inmate’s ID Number must be on all money orders. No checks accepted. All incoming mail will be inspected for contraband.
Money can now be deposited to an inmate’s account using a credit card via the Internet (a processing fee applies). Deposits post immediately to the inmate’s account.
Cash and credit-card deposits may be made to an inmate’s account through a kiosk located in the lobby of the north building of the Justice Center. All deposits post immediately to the inmate’s account for use in the commissary. A fee does apply for the use of the kiosk.
The following items are permitted with noted restrictions.
• letters (no plastic, metal, glued, or laminated items and no more than 6 pages from a book or publication)
• money orders and cashiers checks (NO PERSONAL CHECKS and NO CASH)
• New books/magazines mailed from publisher or bookstore (NO hardbound books or publications of a violent or sexual nature, NO MORE THAN 3 BOOKS/MAGAZINES AT ONE TIME)
• plain small greeting cards (no glitter or glued items)
• pictures (5″x7″ or smaller) (no Polaroid, no photo paper, no gang related or sexually suggestive)
• prescription glasses/contacts w/ soft case
• Bible/Qu’ran/Torah (no hardbound)
• Cushioned mailers are NOT accepted.
***ENVELOPES OF ANY TYPE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED
ALL INCOMING MAIL IS INSPECTED. ANY MAIL THAT IS THOUGHT TO BE A SECURITY RISK TO INMATES OR STAFF WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER AT THE DISCRETION OF SECURITY.